Things you may or may not want to know about these guys:
Gary Mark – Vocals, Guitar
– lives in Whitby, married, 3 kids
– works at Durham District School Board
– plays through a Blackstar Soloist 60 amp, Gibson Les Paul Standard, Fender USA Strat, Taylor Acoustic guitars, and a bunch of pedals he has no idea how to use!
– plays lacrosse, loves football
– has three dogs, and has no problem admitting to crying like a baby in Lassie
– favorite musicians are Randy Rhoads, David Gilmour, and Ozzy Osbourne
Joe Frazer – Vocals, Bass Guitar
Joe Fraser has been on the Canadian scene for 30 years, playing from Ottawa to Windsor and more recently in Toronto and Durham region. With the ability to play numerous styles of music and create many different tones. Joe plays 4 and 5 string electric bass, as well as fretless electric and electric stand up bass to achieve his sounds.
Al Rivett – Drums, Percussion
– lives in Coboug, married 2 kids and 2 step kids
– works at Oshawa This Week Newspaper as a page editor (and yet Gary does this site….hmmm)
– is a dog and drum lover; has 3 of each (Boston Terrier, Pug and Shi Tzu – Tama, )
– longtime Pat Metheny Group fan and lover of the Smooth Jazz genre. Favorite drummer: Antonio Sanchez, PMG
Fernando Laguardia – Keyboards, Vocals
– lives in Oshawa, married with 3 kids
– born in Bahia Blanca, Argentina
– studied piano at the Conservatory, took classes with Jazz Pianist Lalo Pirilo and Luis Silvani in Bahia Blanca, and harmony with Tato Medina in Buenos Aires
– moved to Canada in Nov 2003 and started to play. Was in a project that was originated as a Pink Floyd tribute band, and after a few months of leaving that project, joined the group that became 5WD.
– music preferences and influences go from Classic, to Jazz, and from Symphonic Rock to Rock and Roll
– with a full time job in Computer Science, and 3 kids Fernando dedicates the remaining time he has to music, because music is what keeps his life together
Some random shots of the guys doing what they do: